The accessibility of the commune is its major advantage as it contributes to economic, demographic and tourism growth. Apart from the Piaski Commune and the Lublin city, the Końskowola Commune is the only commune in the Lubelskie Voivodeship that is situated at the junction of two expressways, i.e. S12 and S17, which run in different directions. This substantially strengthens the competitive edge of the commune.
One should take into consideration the access to road, rail and air transport networks.
- Accessibility by road – the commune’s location at the junction of two expressways, running in different directions (i.e. S17 towards Warsaw and S12 towards Piotrków Trybunalski) considerably increases the competitive edge of the commune. The successful completion of the planned road investments (S17 from Lublin to Warsaw, S12 to the bridge over the Vistula River in Puławy and the southern Warsaw ring road, the S2 expressway at the section from the “Puławska” junction to the “Lubelska” junction, and the construction of the S19 road from Lublin to Rzeszów) will ensure additional road connections, conforming to European standards of expressways and motorways, to all continental capital cities of the European countries.
The following roads are also important to the commune’s traffic:
- Voivodeship road No. 824: Żyrzyn – Puławy – Opole Lubelskie – Józefów – Annopol;
- District roads (Nos. 2501L, 2505L, 2507L, 2508L, 2509L, 2530L and 2532L).
- Accessibility by rail – the Lublin-Warsaw railway line runs through the commune area, with the train station in Pożóg. The journey to the Puławy station takes no more than 7 minutes. The central location of the railway line along the Kazimierz Landscape Park’s perimeter ensures convenient connections between the commune and the entire region, ensuring new investment sites intended for diversified activities.
- Accessibility by air – Lublin-Świdnik airport is the closest civil airport, located at a distance of approximately 55 km from the Commune.
- Accessibility by plane – the nearest civil airport is the Świdnik airport, located 55 km away. The distance between the commune and the largest Polish airport, i.e. Chopin Airport in Warsaw (Okęcie), which also serves the cargo line, is around 130 km. These airports provide direct connections to over 100 cities in Africa, North America, Asia and Europe.
A good road infrastructure guarantees fast access to both airports (the journey from Końskowola to the Świdnik airport takes around 1 hour and 40 minutes, and to Chopin airport in Warsaw around 1 hour and 10 minutes).
Moreover, the military airfield in Dęblin is located at a distance of 30 km from the Puławy functional area. Owing to the current investment that entails constructing an airport, the Dęblin airfield will be able to accommodate civil planes in case of emergency, acting as a spare port for the Świdnik airport.