One of the biggest and oldest nurseries in the commune. The history of the Kurowscy Nursery is mostly the history of the family, or more precisely, of one man – Lucjan Kurowski – who found passion in his life, to which he added perseverance, consistent efforts and hard work, and passed on these values to the next generations – his son Grzegorz and grandson Jakub, who are still successfully managing the Nursery.
The qualities that distinguish the Kurowscy Nursery from other companies are
- Conifers and shrubs, container and field grown, grafted forms, stem forms, climbers:
- More than 1 000 000 plants ready to be sold every year:
- A range of more than 500 continuously sold species and varieties;
- Big, steady batches of nursery plants of repeatedly high quality;
- Market novelties, licensed varieties from all over the world, but also new varieties from the Kurowscy breeding programme;
- More than 50 years of tradition and experience;
- A total farming area of 38 ha, including 19 ha of container production;
- More than 60% of production is exported to Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Hungary, the Netherlands, Romania, France and even Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan;
- Wholesale trade throughout the whole country
Lucjan Kurowski is currently popularising knowledge of plants and conscious living in the greenery. He is the founder and long-standing President and Deputy President of the Polish Nurserymen Association.